I love spicy and I love easy recipes. This recipe gives me both and I make it twice each month. No joke! This is my easy Thai curry recipe.
The Recipe gives you 8 servings and is 378 Calories. Perfect for dinner. I don’t add rice or any other grains to it as I am semi-keto. However, you can add which ever grains you may want, just remember to add the calories.
- 3 Cans of Coconut Milk (420ml ea.)
- 2lbs Pork Loin (or Chicken Breast)
- 1 Can/1 Cup of Bamboo Shoots
- 1lb Green Bell Pepper (2 Green Bell Peppers)
- 1.75lbs Carrots
- 10oz Yellow Onion (2 Large Onions)
- 4.5oz Thai Curry Paste (Green or Red, your choice)
- Handful of Thai Basil (Regular Basil is a fine substitute)
Cut your meat (pork or chicken) into strips or cubes. Put a large pot or dutch oven (my favorite to use) on the stove, turn up the heat to high. Add your Thai curry paste. When you hear it sizzling add your meat to the pot. Brown the meat. When browned, add the coconut milk. While meat is browning and cooking in coconut milk cut all of your vegetables into large chunks. When done cutting your vegetables, add all vegetables and the bamboo shoots to the pot. Let simmer for at least 30 minutes. I prefer to have it simmer for 1 hour. When done simmering, add your basil leaves and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
My easy Thai curry recipe is done and ready to serve.
Psst! Thai Curry is freezer friendly.