I want to apologize in advance for this long post. So many things motivate me and so many things can help me stay on track. However, I do know, that no matter the amount of motivation, sometimes my desire of eating more or sugar is stronger than listing my motivations and sometimes I simply forget them in my desire for the foods that I crave.
I, therefore, thought it a good idea to list all of the things that could motivate me so I have something to look back at to help me remember why I am doing this in the first place.
I want to list all the things that my friends and family can help me with as well. As you are part of my motivation and as I mentioned in an earlier post. Sometimes, I need a little help to stay on track as I can have a weak backbone.
Also, I will list images, sayings and tough words to keep me on track. These will be a mix of images and words, I aspire to or images that should wake me up should I have a moment of being too weak to take the next step. It would be helpful if you help me make this list longer. Post images of what you find beautiful, what you aspire to, saying that keep you motivated or images that you know you loath but it is a reminder of never going back there.
Firstly, my list of things that keep me motivated and will keep me on track.
- Stopping the perpetual sweating when it is hot outside. I know it is a bit odd but there is nothing more unattractive than someone sweating.
- Feeling better. When I am in good shape. I eat healthy and balanced. I simply feel better, my mood is fluctuating less and I feel like I can conquer the world.
- Rewards. Having something to look forward to is a big one for me. For this reason, I will set up a “Rewards Calendar” for every 5 pound goals that I reach and each main goal that I get to.
- Having people around me helps me stay on track. So do not be shy.
- A good kick in the ass (verbally of course) is always a winner. I get competitive (yes me, I get competitive).
- Listen to people and their advice. A lot of you have already given me such great advice and I will start taking those to heart and try them out once I start losing my motivation. So keep the advice coming.
- Not fitting into clothes that I like. I know this is superficial but I can’t help it. I like to know that I could wear whatever clothes I want.
- Wearing a pair of beautiful heels without feeling like I am running a marathon. This is so going to be one of my rewards…
- Good, healthy recipes help me stay motivated. There is nothing like an easy, health, filling and yummy recipe. So please share if you come across one and I will start sharing some of the meals that I do. Maybe you can get motivated by some of my recipes.
- Singing, has always been a release for me and always will be. It is, also, a great distraction (one of the 3 D’s Weight Watchers use in their program).
- Freedom. This is an odd one for me as weight loss is not in itself freedom but the opposite but there will be some freedom at the end of it. I will have the freedom to not me held back by my size and abilities to hike, travel, simply feel comfortable around other people. Freedom is in that sense the most important and biggest motivation for me.
Now, for what you can help me with. I do not think anyone can lose weight on their own. I know, it is me making the choices. Me, who has to get my ass out of bed in the morning when I really do not want to get out from underneath the covers but what friends and family help with are the tough days. The days when my cravings take over and I lose myself in them.
Invite me for a walk, talk or simply send me an image or saying what helps you stay on track. The love is what helps me when it is most difficult.
So to help you, help me, I wanted to give you some ideas of what you can do, either if I ask for your help or if you simply feel like it.
- Show me images that inspire you
- Show me images that should wake me up
- Give me a pep talk
- Share a saying that is dear to your heart
- Invite me to things that will help me burn calories or invite me to a restaurant than can inspire my own healthy cooking.
- Join me at my gym (I have unlimited guest passes) to make sure I give it my all on the days I really do not want to go.
- Share your own goals and aspirations.
- Help me celebrate when I reach my goals and make sure to compliment me when it is warranted.
- Give me a verbally kick in the ass.
- Share your thoughts and advice.
- Share your best healthy recipes
This is a list that will be ever growing but what I could come up with at this moment. So do not be surprised if it will be re-posted with updates.
I have images and sayings that help me keep straight. It is a mix of uncomfortable images, aspirations, things that I would like (yes the material stuff), goals and simply truths that I live by or try to aspire to.
I will try and post these images and sayings on Facebook and Instagram when I am starting to lose my motivation and I would love for you to like, share or comment with your own thoughts and images that keep you motivated.
Stay in touch!